Basic Instructions and Requirements for Correct Use of Mul-T-Lock® Products
• Keys must be used only for their intended purpose of operating their corresponding cylinder in normal use.
• Keys must be kept clean and must retain a straight blade.
• Genuine Mul-T-Lock key blanks must be used.
• Duplication of keys must be performed by an authorized Mul-T-Lock locksmith on a genuine Mul-T-Lock® key cutting machine.
• Keys must be inspected periodically and must be replaced when they show physical wear.
• Installation must be performed by an authorized Mul-T-Lock dealer only.
• A Cylinder is a mechanical device that requires regular preventive maintenance.
• Cylinders must not be submerged in water, or exposed to any chemical wash, or be painted.
• Protect the cylinder from dirt and dust.
• Protect your cylinder from exposure to extreme temperatures (-20C to +80C)
• Interactive® CLIQ® cylinders utilized on any exterior door and/or any other outdoor application must be purchased with extreme weather shutter and rain guard options (sold separately). Failure to specify the nature of the product’s application and the need for extreme weather shutter and rain guard option at the time of product purchase shall void the warranty.
• The cylinder’s keyway must be lubricated with Mul-T-Lock approved lubricant at least twice a year as normal maintenance. In heavy use environments and extreme weather conditions, lubrication must be performed every three months. Increased usage and exposure generally necessitate more frequent lubrication.